Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh, Really?



I could almost cry. It is a little silly of me really, but this is just exactly the kind of thing I would have hoped for. The first game was such a giant leap in the right direction for gaming. I am a huge proponent of post-consumerism: it’s potential effect on the game industry, and espousing gaming’s role in defining the post-consumerism movement.

They claim this will be out in 2010. I will remain sceptical. If it is out by the holiday season, great. it would certainly make sense. This along with some other key franchises are due out for the holiday season so this ‘PS3 shortage’ is more than likely just Sony stocking up for an onslaught on Wii’s precarious dominance over the console (note, not game) market right now.

It is pretty clear Wii is preparing for this as well. I hardly even pay attention to what Xbox does, but no doubt they will be in on this too. Going in, we knew 2010 was likely to be a big year for gaming, and it has gotten off to a respectable if not modest start.

Even if this title gets delayed, I’ll be happy to see it come. The fact they are aiming to be backwards compatible is a nice touch.

So on the topic of this blog, I'm not really sure what is going on yet. I enjoy posting about gaming news and issues surrounding gaming and the gaming industry but it is a very crowded blog-space. I'm trying to find something a little more unique and value added. I've had a bit more luck on Tumblr, but that is on a totally different topic and tool. We'll just see what develops. I would not count on any more HSOTW posts though, not that anyone cares ;D

In a word: Exciting.

No comments: