Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reasons to hate Adobe

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Adobe!  The only software company on this earth that can create a program that has the following issue:


Alright! Congratuations Adobe. You managed to make a piece of software that potentially screws up when a user's clock goes back an hour. And to make it better, it doesn't crash until you highlight text/code!

Yea, that's right. A clock change causes a crash when you highlight text. I don't think the stupidity of it can really hit you until you actually try it. So go on, try it, highlight this sentence... no, I'll wait... There, see? You would have just crashe

This post has terminated unexpectedly. A damn stupid thing happened and it's all your fault. Contact your system administrator.

3 comments:

Kelmar Firesun said...

How about buying the Photoshop CS4 upgrade and have it not accept your perfectly legal copy of Photoshop CS2 as a valid upgrade path durring install? >_>

You Are Truth said...

I have hated Adobe since 2003. It is really sad they bought out Macromedia, I kinda liked the suite of products until recently.

Despite the ridiculously large fan base of PS users, I still prefer Fireworks. I relish the day that Gimp gets a second injection of usability improvements and I no longer need to pay for an image editor.

Adobe Acrobat (the editor) isn't even real software. It's a whole new league of Malware. It doesn't attack your computer. It attacks your soul.

Kelmar Firesun said...

ugh,

I can't stand Gimp, it has the worst UI I've ever seen, and every time I've tried to use it, it just outright crashes on me.

If Gimp ever wants my vote they need to:
A) Make it stable, and I mean STABLE.
B) Ditch the stupid notion that everything should be accessed through a right click menu. (STUPID)
C) Let me customize the key bindings of the program so I can at least make those work like in Photoshop.

There are other nit picky things I'm sure I could come up with for more usability, but those are the main ones that come to mind.