Monday, January 4, 2010

Feh, I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles, what is your excuse?


Not that anyone cares, but I have not exactly been on top of the Hot Shit posts lately. It isn't that I don't  have stuff lined up, I'm just not sure how worth the effort it is. I might start posting HS in onesies as I find them/have time.

I guess I'm just getting old. Of course ever single game blog had their own "Best/Worst/Most Overlooked of 2009" posts but frankly I'm still trying to catch up with 2008. Right now I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles, and when I'm done with that I still have an unopened Muramasa to whip out. I just barely had time this holiday season to play through the Water + Pirates of the Caribbean Little Big Planet expansion.

I'm pretty happy with Valkyria Chronicles. When I first downloaded the demo I had a bit of failure in imagination to see the potential of the game. It is fairly low-key production wise. The production wasn't  flamboyantly budgeted title like FFXIII by any stretch if the imagination, and it shows. There are dialog scenes where a lot is left to the imagination. The difficulty is also a little erratic (so far) from mission to mission and it can be pretty harsh/cheap at times. Over all I'm hooked and hope that the sequel for PSP and the Anime find their way to this region.

Maybe I need to bite the bullet and get Braid. Maybe that'll unlock some dormant ability for me to manipulate time.

No comments: